Friday, April 15, 2005

The software issue

Another argument I hear a lot is that there are THOUSANDS of software titles available for Windows and not nearly that many for Mac.

Well, my argument to that (and this is just from MY point of view) is that all the good stuff - or the stuff I need, is available for Mac. I thought of analogy for this situation:

There's this music store that is small but cool because it sells ALL the music I like. Then there's this other store (in a dodgy part of town) that is a LOT bigger that sells a LOT more music, but extra stuff that I'm not interested in like Reggae (sp?) and there are a LOT of gangstas there and there are LOTS of viruses floating about, so I could get robbed, shot or get Aids if I shop there - oh and it's a bit cheaper. So where am I going to shop?

Do I have to explain this analogy? Well the music is software and the two shops are Mac and PC's respectively, and the viruses are viruses and the gangstas are hackers. There, that's my answer to the vast amount of software titles available for PC.

Oh, and if you want to play games, you should probably get a PC. I'll leave that for another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home